So, monsoon has stepped in and as not surprisingly it brings variety of hair problems and most common problem is frizzy hair due to a lot of humidity.Frizz seems to be the bane of every curly girl’s existence, especially in the summer and monsoon months when humidity levels are higher. I am often asked about products and methods to combat frizz, so I compiled this information to help you tame your mane and get more frizz-free wear out of your styles.
What is frizz?
Frizz occurs when the cuticle layer of your hair is raised, allowing moisture to pass through and swell the strands. As a result, your hair appears dry and frizzy instead of smooth and defined. In general, curly hair tends to have more frizz than straight hair because of dehydration in the strands, which leaves it more vulnerable to frizzing.
Hair can become dehydrated for many reasons…
- You aren’t drinking enough water (at least half your weight in ounces per day) and eating a balanced diet.
- You are not sleeping with satin or silk accessories and your hair is rubbing against drying materials.
- The oil your scalp naturally secretes is not making it down the strands of hair over the days after washing (which is very common with coily and kinky hair types).
- You are not deep conditioning often enough, or with the right types of products for your porosity level.
- Your shampoo is drying your hair.
- Your protein to moisture balance is off; you are using too much protein without enough moisture.
- Your oils and moisturizers of choice are not penetrating the hair shaft.
- Medications you are taking are causing changes in your body that affect your hair.
- You have over-processed chemicals in your hair, such as high-lift dye or bleach, that have damaged the cuticle.
- Excessive use of hair styling tools.
Here now, i introduce best remedy best home remedy to get rid of frizzy hair, which works as miracle for me every time, i use it.
Ingredients, you will need for this treatment at home-
- 1 medium over ripe Banana
- 1 tbsp of Aloe vera gel (I prefer natural aloe vera gel, you can buy from market too if plant is not available at home)
- 2 tbsp of Coconut oil or castor oil,
- 1 Egg white
- Mix well all ingredient together in a blender,
- Your hair mask is ready to apply,
- Apply on your hair and from root to tip, do not apply on scalp,
- leave it for 1 hour to dry,
- Then wash it off with your choice of shampoo and conditioner.
You can increase the quantity of all the ingredients in the same ratio according to your hair thickness and length, and I assumed shoulder length hair.
Do this remedy 1-2 times in a week for 3 months for best results and get smooth, silky and shiny hair.